Monday, November 28, 2011

Stepping up

Long time no see, I have been back into things for quite a awhile but have finally found some time to make a wee update on what has been happening and what I have installed over the summer.
Eddie toasting some bread!
After arriving back from Junior Worlds in Russia I had a good wee break and then was invited to my first International Sprint Grand Prix over in Sydney. After arriving to our accommodation to find out that we had limited cooking facilities and utensils we were lucky to be in Sydney for a weekend but it made the trip fun and worth while. During the weekend I got some great racing under my belt I even managed to finally go under 20 seconds a pb for my standing start lap during the Olympic team sprint format (3 team sprint in 90mins) in the team sprint we ended up 3rd. I also got 3rd in the Keirin and sprints placing behind Australia's Karlee McCulloch and Anna Meares. After the weekend I came home and had a few days off before gearing up to the 2012 WHK Oceania's held in Invercargill this was to be my first event racing an Elite women.
Gym session in the park :)
This was held over 4 days - the first day consisted of the team sprint and the 500m time trial (placed 4th in both events 2nd & 3rd had the same time so I was given a bronze medal) the next day was the Keirin which I didn't make through to the semi's but learn't some valuable lessons on the following day we had a chance to rest up and have a rest day before the final day of sprint rounds where I finished up  4th going to 3 round in the finals against Cass Kell from Australia.

2012 WHK Oceania's (Photo Credit: Emma Sutherland)
I am now looking forward to my first Elite Nationals which will be held during the last weeks of February, so for now I am back into training and will be gearing up for another exciting year ahead of myself.

Cheers,

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment