Thursday, May 23, 2013

Racing in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania

Soooooo, after having a massive reality check returning from Trinidad and Tobago I got back into the swing of things with a bit of general conditioning in the gym with Simon Jones, fixed up my nutrition with Aimee Burns here at the Southland Academy and also got some decent track time into my legs ready for some racing over in Trexlertown (T-Town). T-Town is an outdoor concrete 333 metre track which is the home of the Valley Preferred Cycling Centre they have hosted World Cups, Olympic trials, Junior World Championships (twice), national championships and countless major international competitions.

I will be leaving on the 1st June and will be there for 4 weeks, racing every Tuesday and Friday night for Team Novo Nordisk along side my team mate Mandy Marquardt and hopefully I will see a few kiwi's whilst I am there too :) I am going to be racing in The World Series of Bicycling, which starts on the 7th June and runs through to the 30th August, it has a mixture of sprint and endurance events, each night has a wee promotion to keep the nights exciting for both the cyclists and the fans, the schedule is below.

So, this will actually be my first trip to America let alone T-Town, I am really looking forward to this opportunity and hope to gain lots and lots of valuable experience! If you have twitter you can follow my progress following this link here and for those who do not I will keep this updated as much as possible!

I hope everyone has dodged the early winter sickness, it is that time of the year and it sucks!
Bye for noooow,
Steph :)


2013 World Series of Bicycling Schedule:
JUNE
FRI 7US Sprint Gran Prix
FRI 14Keirin Cup/10 Mile Championship
FRI 21UCI Festival of Speed presented by EnduroPacks
FRI 28Red Robin BRL Finals/Mike Walter Madison presenting by Kratzer Orthodontics
JULY
FRI 5NO RACING
FRI 12Keirin Revenge
FRI 19The Golden Wheel Race presented by Bear Creek Mountain Resort
FRI 26USA Cycling Jr. Naionals
AUGUST
FRI 2Tandemonium/Women’s Open
FRI 9Rodale Corporate Challenge
FRI 16Deer Park Natural Spring Water UCI Fastest Man on Wheels presented by Univest
FRI 23Air Products Program Championships
FRI 30UCI Madison Cup presented by Salamander


1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Steph. Have a lovely time and show them all how it's done ! x

    ReplyDelete